Monday, December 6, 2010

Art Inspiration: Andy Warhol

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I watched a documentary on Andy Warhol yesterday and it was really fascinating. He is such an interesting guy. I never realized how influential he was in his turbulent time. Sidenote: I don't quite understand my fascination with the 1960's and 70's... It probably has something to do with my being a teenager, and seeing what power the youth of that time period had over culture and politics. Not to mention so many great artists and musicians came out of the "era of free" (freedom of speech, freedom to protest, free drugs, free-thinking, free hugs anyone?)
Back to Andy: There was a segment in the documentary about his films and I love his reason for making ones of sleeping people or people doing other simple things in slow motion: he wants to shed a light on time, and its meaning and value.

I want to make art like this some day. Art that makes people stop and think. Art that makes people slow down their busy lives to enjoy the moment...

Happy Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment