Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Resort 2011

My two favorites from Resort 2011 (granted I haven't checked out all of the collections yet), would have to be from Proenza Schouler and Max Azria.

PROENZA SCHOULER

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"Resort is about real clothes for our friends. Everybody went so far into fantasy that we lost the public. There's something about reality that feels fresh right now."
-Lazaro Hernandez and Jack McCollough (the designers behind Proenza Schouler)

... So true! There's always debate over runway. Would commericializing runway make it less appealing? Possibly. Would I miss the interesting shows that more closely resembled works of art or Broadway shows? Probably. There will always be entertainment value. But in terms of the public audience, I have to say Hernandez and McCollough hit the nail right on the head when they decided to take a more realistic versus fantastic approach to their Resort collection. I think its great that they designed these clothes for regular people and not for models, and I loved their fresh take on tribal prints and ethnic colors. Oh and the texture mixing... genius!

MAX AZRIA

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

I love the relaxed fits and safari color palette; the combination screams summer.

[all photos from style.com]

2 comments:

  1. proenza schouler proenza PROENZA. amazing textures and prints, esp that third hooded capelet....

    max azria somehow always gives me a sense of ... the expected. as in i'm not always too interested. but it's a clean relaxed collection, very wearable...

    <33 [v] hobovogue

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely agree (with the Max Azria statement). I chose to feature it because it looked like I collection that I would be able to wear everyday :)

    ReplyDelete