Monday, January 10, 2011

REMIX Challenge

So I've been following Kendi from Kendi Everyday and her posts have helped me reevaluate my closet. In the process, I've realized that I wear about 60% of my clothes. And what happens to the other 40%? It sits, and sits, and sits. In an attempt to make use of this 40% (or give myself justification to give some of it away) I've come up with a plan. I've taken Kendi's 30 for 30 idea, walked it back a few steps and... drum roll please.... I am starting my own similar challenge, which I'm calling the "Remix Challenge." Once a week I'll choose one piece of clothing, and make as many different  outfits using it as possible. Its going to take some creativity to keep it going longer than a few weeks, but I hope that this will help me make smarter purchases in the future. And maybe reduce that 40% to a much nicer 10%.

No comments:

Post a Comment